Corn and Spinach Rice
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25039 times
Unusual, delicious and nourishing.
- Melt the butter, add the rice, milk and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the corn, milk, cream, sugar and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Heat the ghee and fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the green chilli and fry again for a little while.
- Add the spinach, soda bi-carb and salt and cook until soft.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water. After 10 minutes, remove the skin and chop.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the crushed garlic and fry again for a little while.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, tulsi leaves, sugar and salt.
- Cook on a slow flame for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the cream.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the green chilli and mushrooms and fry for at least 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the water or wine and cook again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the white sauce, lemon juice, cheese and salt..
- Spread the spinach at the bottom of a greased jelly mould.
- Spread the corn on the spinach.
- Spread the rice on top. Press well and cover.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 10 minutes.
- Invert on a plate. Serve hot with tomato or musroom sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.