Cheese Corn Balls Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 137 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41632 times
It’s all about the ingredients, honey! get them right, and you’d have crossed half the bridge. It’s the wise selection of ingredients that makes this wrap special. The cheesy flavour of cheese corn balls topped with tangy salsa and crunchy corn chips will be enjoyed by all. The cheese corn balls just melt in the mouth, and can be served as a starter, to steal your guests’ hearts even before the main course begins!
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add the milk and allow to simmer till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the crushed corn, celery, green chillies, cheese and salt with the thickened milk mixture in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each into a round ball.
- Roll each ball in bread crumbs in such a way that the balls are evenly coated from all sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the garlic paste, green chilli paste and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame till the spring onions turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, oregano and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ½ cup of lettuce in the centre of the roti in a single row.
- Arrange 3 cheese corn balls over it.
- Arrange ¼th of the cooked salsa and sprinkle 2 tbsp of crushed corn chips over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.