Batata Poha, Aloo Poha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 319 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 123923 times
An all-time favourite Maharashtrian snack, Batata Poha has a universal appeal amongst youngsters and elders alike. Everybody has a reason for loving this delicious snack – its wholesomeness, convenience, enjoyable flavour or unique texture.
This version, made using the Microwave oven, is so quick that you can conjure it up any time, for Breakfast dinner or as Evening Tea Snacks .
You will thoroughly enjoy the bites of potatoes and onions dancing between the soft poha, which is so delightfully flavoured with a traditional tempering, and aesthetically laced with lemon juice.
A thoughtful garnish of coconut and coriander enhance the flavour and texture of this lovely snack.
- Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water and wash it. Drain out all excess water and keep aside.
- Combine the oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and turmeric powder, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, sprinkle 2 tbsp of water, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the poha, salt and sugar, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coconut and coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.