Baked Kidney Beans with Alfredo Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22011 times
The beans are cooked in Mexican chillies con carne style with vegetables in a spicy stew-like dish made with tomatoes, onions and capsicums, spiked with chillies. Stuffed in tortillas and then baked with a sinful cheesy sauce, exciting is one word to describe this dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, capsicums, mixed herbs, green chillies, mix well and sauté on medium flame for 10 minutes till they become soft.
- Add the tomato purée, ½ cup water and salt, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes stirring once in between till the mixture thickens.
- Add the rajma, Tabasco sauce and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Keep aside
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook on a low flame while stirring throughout, until froth appears.
- Add the milk gradually and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place one tortilla on a baking tray, spread 1 portion of the kidney beans mixture and 2 tbsp of the Alfredo sauce.
- Place another tortilla sheet on top and repeat the above procedure with the remaining 6 tortillas, kidney beans mixture and Alfredo sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.