Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12740 times
An authentic potato or aloo recipe with seasonings and finely chopped methi leaves or fenugreek, aloo methi is very tasty and quite easy to prepare. Serve this delicious and healthy aloo methi with rotis.
- Wash and cut potatoes without peeling into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and turmeric powder, mix well and cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the methi leaves and salt, mix well and cook on a low heat till the potatoes are cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by savi_ram on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.