Sugar Paratha by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 399 times
This rich paratha is resplendent with the richness of ghee and the intoxicating sweetness of sugar!
The sugar is incorporated into the rolled paratha, which is then folded and rolled again to seal the sweetness in. While cooking, the sugar melts and coats the inner layers of the paratha making it wonderfully sweet.
Recipe Description for Sugar Paratha Recipe, North Indian Breakfast
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Put 1 tbsp of sugar in the centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using 1 tsp of ghee until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and sugar to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Sugar Paratha Recipe, North Indian Breakfast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.