Onion, Cheese and Pepper Parathas Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10968 times
Parathas are sustaining and wholesome. Parathas served for breakfast with curds and a pickle are the staple food for most north indians. I actually came across this recipe quite accidentally while preparing a batch of pepper cheese sticks to serve with soup for dinner. I was left with a portion of the same dough, which on the following morning, I rolled out and cooked on a tava (griddle) like a paratha. The parathas surprisingly tasted much better than the soup sticks I had for dinner. So here is the recipe which you must try. These parathas taste best when they are served as soon as they are prepared.
Recipe Description for Onion, Cheese and Pepper Parathas
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients including the onions in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha on a medium flame, using little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
See step by step images of Onion, Cheese and Pepper Parathas Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.