Spicy Paneer on Toast (Diabetic Snack) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7633 times
A zesty topping made from low-fat paneer and vegetables adds spice to nutritious whole wheat toasts. A great teatime snack, they make a good accompaniment to a hot, sugar-free beverage! Since low-fat paneer is high in protein, go easy on milk and milk products like curds for the rest of the day.
Recipe Description for Spicy Paneer On Toast
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, green chillies, turmeric powder and black salt and sauté for a minute.
- Add the paneer and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander, mint leaves, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a clean dry surface and spread a portion of the topping evenly on each bread slice.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
See step by step images of Spicy Paneer On Toast Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.