Celery Garlic Toast Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 9013 times
A delicious starter made with low-fat butter, celery and garlic ground together to make an aromatic spread. Both celery and garlic are beneficial for diabetics. I have chosen celery for this recipe as it is very low in carbohydrates and is a storehouse of vitamin A, vitamin C and iron (which is required for healthy eyes, immunity and blood). Garlic on the other hand is helpful in preventing heart disease by reducing the occurrence of clot formation in blood (that can block the arteries). Serve it with your favourite soup or whole wheat pasta to make a wholesome meal.
Recipe Description for Celery Garlic Toast ( Delicious Diabetes Recipe)
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using water.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply 1 portion of celery garlic spread evenly on each bread slice.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes or till the toasts are evenly crisp.
- Cut each toast into 2 pieces diagonally and serve immediately.
See step by step images of Celery Garlic Toast ( Delicious Diabetes Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.