Oats Methi Muthia (Diabetic and Heart-Friendly) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 12761 times
This recipe proves that you can make healthier versions of almost any dish by throwing in a few thoughtful ingredients -- like oats in this case. Using oats and methi to make the popular Gujarati snack makes it a wonder dish for diabetics. Since both oats and methi are rich in fibre, they help control blood sugar levels. Steaming ensures minimal use of oil making this a great option for weight-watchers too. The Oats Methi Muthia is also a winner in the flavour and aroma categories, and will go on to top the charts if you serve with green chutney for added zing!
Recipe Description for Oats Methi Muthia
- Combine the oats, fenugreek leaves, semolina, curds, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, green chilli paste, asafoetida and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of approximately 150 mm. (6") in length and 25 mm. (1") in diameter.
- Arrange the rolls on a sieve and steam in a steamer on a high flame for 10 minutes. Remove and keep aside to cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 12 mm. (½”) slices and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the muthia pieces and toss it lightly.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.