Indian home remedies for sunstroke + recipes
What is a Sunstroke?
Indian home remedies for sunstroke + recipes. It's a serious condition caused by excessive exposure to the hot sun which is characterized by dizziness, dehydration and a high body temperature but without perspiring. Constant exposure to excessive heat may also burn the topmost layer of skin which will eventually peel off.
Foods + recipes to have if you have sunstroke
Coconut Water with Coconut Meat
Try the following Foods + recipes to have if you have sunstroke if you ever experience sunstroke.
1. Raw Mango: Raw mango is considered to be one of the most common cooling foods for sunstroke. Panha, a drink made with raw mango is most refreshing on a sunny afternoon.
2. Water rich fruits: Consume plenty of water rich fruits like watermelon, pineapple, orange etc. These help to relieve excessive thirst and remove summer heat. Try cooling drink like Watermelon Jamun Summer Cooler. Also try 3 ways of making Orange Juice.
Watermelon White Jamun Summer Cooler
3. Fluids: Drink plenty of fluids (water and fruit juices) to maintain your fluid and salt balance.
Buttermilk made with fresh curds is considered to be one of the best fluids as it helps cool your system and relieves the heat from your body. Try the recipe of Pudina Chaas.
Chaas, Buttermilk Recipe, Salted Chaas Recipe
4. Onion: Onions provide a cooling effect and it's good to have them raw in the form of salads or chutney for lunch everyday. Try the onion tomato kachumber.
Onion Tomato Koshimbir
Foods to be Avoided when you have sunstroke
•Tea and coffee
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
Easy Ways to Relieve Sunstroke
1. If you happen to go out during sunny afternoons, use sunscreens and wear a hat. Also wear light weight natural fabrics to stay cool and protect your skin.
2. Apply a cool wash cloth to the upper spine and back to decrease body temperature.
3. Have plenty of fluids in the form of natural juices and avoid alcoholic, carbonated and caffienated drinks. Try Papaya Pineapple Juice or Coconut Orange Drink and get rejuvenated. You will surely feel relieved of the scortching heat.
4. Take cool baths or showers at least 2 to 3 times a day.
5. Moisturize the skin to decrease body heat and also to ease sun-burnt skin.
Papaya Pineapple Juice
Enjoy Indian home remedies for sunstroke + recipes and other Indian home remedies articles below.
Indian home remedies for most ailments
Indian home remedies for common cough and cold
Indian home remedies for sore throat
Indian home remedies for fever
Indian home remedies for headache