Mouth Sores recipes for Cancer, Mouth Sores diet
Mouth Sores recipes for Cancer, Mouth Sores diet. Cancer beyond stage 2 and chemotherapy both often tend to reveal the presence of mouth sores. They are painful and exhibit a burning sensation in the inner lining of the mouth. Sometimes the sores may even be present on the lips and may extend upto esophagus (food passage). The common symptoms of mouth sores are redness or swelling in the inside of the mouth, dry mouth, pus and may be small patches too. This makes chewing and swallowing of food difficult.
Strawberry Chickoo Shake
10 dietary pointers to treat mouth sores
1. Avoid raw foods and favour only cooked foods.
2. You need to opt for soft food which is easy to swallow.
3. Keep sipping on liquids and soups throughout the day. Prefer a straw, as this might avoid direct contact with mouth sores.
4. Stay away from spicy, oily and acidic foods as they can worsen the burning sensation.
5. Avoid all types of sharp and crunchy foods like biscuits, crackers, khakhra etc.
6. Opt for cold foods or those at room temperature than hot foods off the pan which might be irritating to the mouth.
7. Try and cut food into small pieces and eat. You can even try soaking the foods like roti in dal to make it soft.
8. Eat small and frequent meals, rather than large meals. This reduces on chewing at one go.
9. Alcohol definitely doesn’t feature on this menu at all.
10. Maintain good dental hygiene. Rinse your mouth well after each and every meal.
Strawberry and Coconut Milk Smoothie
What to eat when you have Mouth Sores due to Cancer treatment?
1. Wisely Pick Smoothies and Milkshakes for Snacks : Reach out for juices and milkshakes at snack time – they are a pleasure for the mouth. They are not only soothing but a chock-full of nutrients too.
Papaya and Green Apple Smoothie
Papaya and Green Apple Smoothie and Strawberry Banana Smoothie are a few healthy options you can rely on. They have no added sugar or chopped fruits, but instead have protein rich curd. The protein will help in maintenance of your body cells.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
If you love milkshakes, we have some options for you try too… Strawberry Chickoo Shake and Apple and Date Shake. These smoothies and shakes are a good way to stock up on different antioxidants which help to fight against the existing cancer cells.
Apple and Date Smoothie, Smoothie with Curds
2. Befriend Semi-Solid Foods : Semi-solid foods are often believed to be the friend of kids and senior citizens. But believe me for those having mouth sores, would also love to indulge in them. Their creamy texture is quite soothing to the sores and they are very easy to swallow, without much chewing.
Bulgur Wheat Porridge
Porridge is the best semi-soft you can offer yourself. Its quick to make and doesn’t call for too many ingredients too.
Just remember to not add too much sugar to sweeten your porridge. Sugar is the friend of cancer cells. They thrive on it. Prefer dates or honey or very little jaggery as sweetening agents. Try Bulgur Wheat Porridge or Jowar Ragi and Date Porridge.
Jowar Ragi and Date Porridge
Avocado Mash is another way to top up on omega-3 fatty acids – a fatty acid which helps to fight body inflammation in cancerous stage.
3. Soups can be Soothing Too : Soups are the best for mouth sores – they absolutely need no chewing. They will provide comfort to your mouth, while pleasing your palate and nourishing your body. Chunky and Clear Soups are best avoided as they will have chunks of veggies which are nuisances for the sores. They can make the pain worse.
Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup
Another thing to remember while serving soups is to bring them to room temperature before serving. Hot foods typically cause discomfort to the mouth. Also ensure to keep the soup as simple as possible….. Do not add too much spice, additional sauces or fiery ingredients to it. These are irritants for the sores.
Carrot Soup, Gajar Soup Recipe
Try creamy broths and well blended soups. We have a few soups for you to try… Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup, Carrot Soup and Spinach Lettuce and Spring Onion Soup. You can experiment different soups with the vegetables of your choice as well.
Spinach, Lettuce and Spring Onion Soup
Like smoothies and shakes, soups can also be sipped using a straw. Believe it or not, this method is quite pleasurable.
4. Take a Pick at Khichdi for Main Meals :
Along with a nourishing soup, khichdi is the best food you can bring to the table. Its so well pressure-cooked that it puts no strain while chewing it lightly. Here you need to avoid spice powders too. Also remember to keep whole spices and condiments like peppercorns, cardamom etc. out of your spice box.
Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi ( Diabetic Recipe)
Simple khichdi also can be mouthwatering. Don’t believe it! Try our variations of khichdi like Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi, Masoor Dal and Palak Khichdi and simple plain Moong Dal Khichdi.
Moong Dal Khichdi, Gujarati Recipe
Just follow these simple culinary directions and they are sure to help you sail through this stage painlessly and effortlessly….
Masoor Dal and Palak Khichdi
Enjoy our Mouth Sores recipes for Cancer, Mouth Sores diet and other cancer recipe articles below.