Peas Rice Upma
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 3262 times
Peas Rice Upma, best to serve for breakfast with the green chutney or any other chutney of your choice.
- Grind rice to a medium coarse powder. Seive and take out the fine powder.
- Fry the coarse powder without adding oil or ghee and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackles add the chana dal, urad dal, green and red chillis, asafoetida, jeera, curry leaves andblack pepper, mix well till the dal turns to pink.
- Add 3 cups of water, bring the water to a boil on a slow flame.
- Add the peas, 1/2 cup coconut, salt, sugar, coriander and fried powder, mix well. Stir continously so that it does not form lumps.
- Close with the lid and cook for 2 minutes on slow flame.
- Add the remaining coconut and ghee, mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 25 Apr 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.