Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12405 times
Soft, crumbly paneer and crisp capsicum are perfectly complementary in texture, colour and flavour. Understandably, they are the ideal combination to top this whole wheat pizza! Pesto sauce, made using walnuts, enhances this duo further, also pooling in abundant omega-3 fatty acids. All said, the basil leaves are perhaps the most important ingredient of the Pesto and Paneer Mini Pizza, which would not be itself without this wondrous herb.
- Combine the basil leaves, walnuts, garlic, 1 tsp of olive oil, salt and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the pesto paste and milk in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place all the whole wheat pizza base on a baking tray and spread one portion of the pesto mixture on each pizza base.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of low-fat paneer evenly over each pizza base.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the base is brown.
- Serve immediately garnished with chilli flakes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.