How many calories does one Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza have?
One Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza gives 104 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 50 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 43 calories. One Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza recipe. Soft, crumbly paneer and crisp capsicum are perfectly complementary in texture, colour and flavour. Understandably, they are the ideal combination to top this whole wheat pizza! Pesto sauce, made using walnuts, enhances this duo further, also pooling in abundant omega-3 fatty acids. All said, the basil leaves are perhaps the most important ingredient of the Pesto and Paneer Mini Pizza, which would not be itself without this wondrous herb.
Is Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : The pizza base is made from whole wheat flour. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Walnuts (Akhrot) : Eating a handful of Walnuts a day is said to increase the good cholesterol (HDL). Walnuts are rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids which contain high amounts of DHA which improve thinking power in adults and excellent for brain health for newborn kids. Being a good source of Folate, Vitamin B9, it’s good for pregnant women to top up their folic acid with eating a bit of walnuts daily. As it's low in the Glycemic Index, and loaded with Fibre, it’s a good choice for Diabetics. See detailed benefits of walnuts.
3. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
4. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza ?
Yes, but cut the oil used. This is a healthy pizza as the base is from whole wheat flour and low fat paneer is used.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza ?
Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 104 calories that come from Paneer and Pesto Mini Pizza?
Walking (6 kmph) = 31 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 14 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 18 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.