Lauki ka Raita (Protein Rich Recipe) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2308 times
Lauki ka raita, are normally bland, as they are meant to act as a side dish for spicy main course dishes served as part of a traditional meal. However, here is a slightly spicy raita that can combine well with spicy as well as bland main course dishes. Revel in the goodness and cooling effect of doodhi and protein rich curds, in one single dish!
Recipe Description for Lauki ka Raita, Protein Rich Recipe
- Combine the bottle gourd, onions, green chillies, ginger and 3/4 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till all the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the curds, peanuts and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the curds-bottle gourd mixture and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Lauki ka Raita, Protein Rich Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.