Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao (Diabetic Friendly) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8926 times
This sumptuous yet simple rice preparation is enlivened by the addition of a peppy coriander-mint chutney and crunchy sprouts. Sprouting enhances the nutritive value of pulses and legumes, and also makes them easier to digest -- making it a highlight of the hariyali mixed sprouts pulao. To make the meal all the more healthier, fibre-rich brown rice is used, which helps lower blood glucose levels. The chutney too plays a greater role than enhancing the flavour, as it provides a significant dose of vitamins a and c plus iron too. Serve with low-fat curds or kala jamun raita.
Recipe Description for Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer using little water to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander-mint chutney and mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed sprouts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the brown rice and salt and mix well and cook on a medium for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao Recipe
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Vitamin C||Calcium||Iron||Folic Acid||Fibre|
| 159 kcal|| 4.6 gm|| 27.3 gm|| 2.5 gm|| 532.6 mcg|| 10.5 mg|| 52.4 mg|| 1.5 mg|| 17.3 mcg|| 1.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.