Sprouts Pulao Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 16393 times
Mildly spiced rice, to which sprouts and veggies have been added, is garnished with mint, to enhance its flavours. Sprouting pulses leads to the production of enzyme called amylase which helps in enhancing the process of digestion. The pulses when combined with any other cereal like rice, as i have done in this recipe, are a better source of protein than when consumed on their own.
Recipe Description for Sprouts Pulao ( Low Cal)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick broad pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tomatoes and a little water and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the capsicum, a little more water and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, salt, matki sprouts and moong sprouts, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the brown rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Sprouts Pulao ( Low Cal) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.