Cheese, Leek and Dill Muffin, Savoury Muffin
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5834 times
Here is an aromatic and flavour-packed savoury treat for cheese-lovers. Made with yummy ingredients like cheese, leek, dill and garlic powder, these savoury muffins have a rich flavour and amazing mouth-feel.
The well-planned use of spices like nutmeg, cardamom and red chillies gives the Cheese, Leek and Dill Muffin a really tantalizing aroma, which will lure everybody.
An easy snack to make for tiffin or brunch, this can also double up as a smart accompaniment for soups and salads.
Try other muffin recipes Whole Wheat and Carrot Beetroot Savoury Muffins and Mini Raisin Muffins .
- Heat olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and leek and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the plain flour, ½ cup cheese, leek-garlic mixture, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder, dill leaves, baking powder, baking soda, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, garlic powder, milk and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the olive oil and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the mixture into greased muffin moulds.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese in the centre and spread 1 tbsp of the mixture evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per muffin
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.