• Thanks to its pungent flavour, garlic powder is widely used around the world as a seasoning or condiment.
• As a condiment, it is used for flavouring mayonnaise and tomato ketchup or sauces, salad dressings, gravies, stews, spaghetti, chutneys, pickles, curried dishes, etc.
• Garlic powder may be applied to breads to create classical favourites such as garlic bread, garlic toast, bruschetta, crostini and canapé.
• Oils are often flavoured with powdered garlic, to be used as a seasoning for vegetables, breads and pasta.
How to store garlic powder, lehsun ka powder, lahsun ka powder
• Garlic powder should be stored in an airtight container in a cool dark place.
Health benefits of garlic powder, lehsun ka powder, lahsun ka powder
Garlic powder is a processed form of whole garlic and thus is low in vitamin C as compared to fresh garlic. This is because of the heat involved in processing which causes loss of vitamin C
- a volatile nutrient. Also processing may lead to loss of another key nutrient in garlic which is fibre. However it does not mean that garlic powder is unhealthy. Garlic powder might contain some of its bioactive compounds which help to strengthen heart
and maintain blood pressure
. But the amount of these bioactive compounds may vary amongst different brands depending on its processing method.