Bread Samosa Recipe, Baked Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25373 times
This is one utterly mind-blowing snack that you will love to the core – literally! This unique baked samosa features a cover of brown bread, stuffed with a succulent and spicy potato mixture.
It is quite easy and quick too, and uses very little oil because it is baked. Yet, the crispness and taste of the Bread Samosa are simply awesome.
You need to be attentive about two things though – one, the bread slices must be fresh, otherwise they will not roll well, and second, you must seal the samosas well so that they do not open up while baking.
You can also give a shot at other samosa recipes like Mini Spinach and Cheese Samosa or Mini Onion Samosa .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add all the other ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Flatten a slice using a rolling pin.
- Cut it horizontally into 2 equal portions using a sharp knife.
- Take a portion and join the edges to make a cone and seal it with little water.
- Stuff the cone with ½ tbsp of the prepared stuffing and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices and stuffing to make 24 more samosas.
- Place 12 samosas on a greased baking tray, brush ½ tsp of oil evenly over the samosas.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes, turn them over and again bake for 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to bake one more batch.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per baked samosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.