How many calories does one serving of Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup have?
One serving of Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup gives 54 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 38 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 16 calories. One serving of Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup recipe. In sweet corn and spring onion soup recipe, sweet corn and spring onion are a match made in heaven. Complementary in everything from texture and colour to flavour, the duo combines beautifully to offer an irresistible treat to the taste buds.
Kill your evening hunger pang with this super easy and quick veg spring onion and corn soup which is lip-smacking and tummy filling. Ingredients to make healthy heart, pregnancy friendly sweet corn and spring onion soup are easily available in Indian kitchens.
To make sweet corn and spring onion soup start with grinding sweet corn into a course paste and keep aside. Further, heat oil in a non-stick pan, add spring onion whites and garlic. Make sure to cook garlic properly, if the garlic is not cooked properly it will give a pungent smell. Add crushed corn and water, salt and pepper, followed by spring onion greens and let it simmer. Serve the sweet corn and spring onion soup hot, with bread sticks or bread rolls.
Tips to make the perfect sweet corn and spring onion soup recipe. 1. Add water. And blend into a coarse mixture. Make sure you do not blend it into a smooth paste. This is a chunky soup, and the sweet corn needs to be coarse in texture. 2. Spring onion whites are milder in taste than normal onions, so make sure you use them.
See why this is a healthy heart, pregnancy friendly sweet corn and spring onion soup? Sweet corn in a rich in fibre. The high vitamin B3 – 2.61 mg / cup is known to reduce cholesterol levels in body and in turn promote heart health. Sweet corn is good for pregnancy as high folate content and antioxidants - lutein is good for the foetus.
Chopped garlic causes a spike in flavour, while black pepper offers a traditional soothing pungency in spring onion and corn soup.
Serve Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup steaming hot with some whole wheat bread.
Is Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Sweet Corn : The pros. Sweet corn in a rich in fibre. The high vitamin B3 – 2.61 mg / cup is known to reduce cholesterol levels in body and in turn promote heart health. Sweet corn is good for pregnancy as high folate content and antioxidants - lutein is good for the foetus.The cons. the glycemic index of sweet corn is said to be between 55 to 58 and hence not suited for diabetics and best to restrict the usage. Though sweet corn is a good source of fiber, low in fat and helps control appetite, considering that it is a vegetable it has more calories than other fiber rich veggies, so restrict usage for weight loss. So given a choice it is wise to opt for other veggies first. Read the article is sweet corn healthy?
2. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup?
Yes for heart and weight loss and no for diabetics. the glycemic index of sweet corn is said to be between 55 to 58 and hence not suited for diabetics and best to restrict the usage.
Sweet corn in a rich in fibre. The high vitamin B3 – 2.61 mg / cup is known to reduce cholesterol levels in body and in turn promote heart health. Sweet corn is good for pregnancy as high folate content and antioxidants - lutein is good for the foetus.
Can healthy individuals have Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup?
Yes. This is a healthy soup.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 54 calories that come from Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 16 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 5 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 7 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 9 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.