How many calories does one tbsp Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney have?
One tbsp Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney gives 103 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 61 calories, proteins account for 2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 40 calories. One tbsp Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney recipe. This zesty chutney is beaming with the balanced notes of effective but common spices like red chillies and mustard. Tomatoes team up well with onions and garlic to give a nice taste and pulpy mouth-feel.The sweetness imparted by sugar is obvious in this unique chutney, but restrained enough to accentuate the tangy and spicy flavours. Vinegar acts as a preservative and extends the shelf-life of the Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney, while a squeeze of lemon imparts an invigorating sourness to it.
Is Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
2. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it.
Healthy Chutney to have
Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander, lehsun ka chutney, green garlic chutney or green chutney recipe. Coconut based options are healthy coconut chutney made from coconut and coriander and coconut coriander green chutney for idlis dosa uttapam vada.
Nutritious Green Chutney
Can healthy individuals have Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney?
Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 103 calories that come from Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney?
Walking (6 kmph) = 31 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 14 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 18 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.