How many calories does one serving of Dahi Bhindi ki Sabji have?
One serving of Dahi Bhindi ki Sabji gives 43 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 20 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 13 calories. One serving of Dahi Bhindi ki Subji provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Dahi Bhindi ki Subji recipe. Here's a great way to enjoy a Rajasthani delicacy that is simply sumptuous and low in calories. Choose young and tender bhindis for this recipe that will cook quickly. Above all, the rich and fascinating aroma is so tempting that you won't feel that you're eating low calorie food.
Is Dahi Bhindi ki Sabji healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. Made from bhindi, low fat curds, Indian seasoning and spices.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Bhindi (lady finger, okara) : The vitamin Folate (B9) present in okra is required in blood RBC production. There are also fair amounts of Vitamin C, which boosts immunity. There are good amounts for dietary fiber present and hence good for diabetics and weight loss. It lowers cholesterol and good for heart. See the 10 amazing benefits of lady finger.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Dahi Bhindi ki Subji?
Yes, this is a healthy subzi. Low fat curds work for all and bhindi is great for the heart.
Can healthy individuals have Dahi Bhindi ki Subji?
Yes, this is a healthy dry subzi for clean living.
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Subzi?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Dahi Bhindi ki Subji is good for
1. Healthy Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss subzis
3. Diabetic Subzis
4. Healthy Heart Subzis
6. Kids weight loss
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
How to burn 43 calories that come from Dahi Bhindi ki Subji?
Walking (6 kmph) = 13 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 4 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 6 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 7 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each ndividual.