How many calories does one serving of Lettuce and Bean Salad have?
One serving (270 grams) of Lettuce and Bean Salad gives 188 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 128.4 calories, proteins account for 43.2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 16.2 calories. One serving of Lettuce and Bean Salad provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
180 calories for 1 serving of Lettuce and Bean Salad, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 32.1g, Protein 10.8g, Fat 1.8g.
See lettuce and bean salad recipe | chana rajma salad | iron rich lettuce salad with rajma, kabuli chana |
lettuce and bean salad is a healthy and easy Indian salad to make. Learn how to make iron rich lettuce salad with rajma, kabuli chana.
This iron-rich Lettuce and Bean Salad features crisp lettuce and juicy cucumber combined with mealy kidney beans and sumptuous chickpeas, perked up with mint and coriander leaves, spring onion whites, etc.
Lemon juice boosts the vitamin C content, which in turn ensures maximum absorption of iron.
Tips for lettuce and bean salad. 1. Serve this salad immediately not only to retain the fresh textures, but also to avoid loss of vitamin C. 2. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food.
Is Lettuce and Bean Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Iceberg lettuce : Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight. It keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. It is also rich in Folic acid, a nutrient which a mother-to-be should start building the reserve of much before conception. See benefits of lettuce.
2. Rajma : One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium requirements. Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food. See here for 10 health benefits of rajma and why you should eat it.
3. Kabuli Chana ( white chick peas) : Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex carbs which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. Chickpeas are high in Fibre resulting in your stomach feeling a lot fuller than refined carbs. One cup of cooked chickpeas has 14 grams of protein, which is a really good amount. See here for 10 fabolous benefits of chickpeas.
4. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. Cucumber forms a healthy snack as it's alkaline and a great acidity snack reliever. So you can have it as a snack at work. Better to have it peeled to remove the effects of pesticides. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
5. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
6. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Lettuce and Bean Salad?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). It keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes.
Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food.
One cup of cooked chickpeas has 14 grams of protein, which is a really good amount.
Can healthy individuals have Lettuce and Bean Salad?
Lettuce and Bean Salad is rich in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
6. Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
7. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
8. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
9. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
10. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 188 calories that come from one Lettuce and Bean Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 56 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 25 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 32 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.