How many calories does one glass Green Indian Smoothie have?
One glass (165 ml) Green Indian Smoothie gives 131 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 53 calories, proteins account for 16 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 47 calories. One Green Smoothie provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Green Smoothie recipe. spinach apple orange smoothie recipe | healthy green Indian smoothie | no sugar palak adrak smoothie | Vitamin A, Vitamin C, folic acid rich smoothie |
spinach apple orange smoothie is a breakfast healthy green Indian smoothie. Learn to make Vitamin A, Vitamin C, folic acid rich smoothie.
spinach apple orange smoothie is a glassful of healthy fruits and greens, so tasty that you will be game to have it again the next day, and every other day!
The Green Indian Smoothie is one such magical treat that combines the goodness and taste of fruits, greens and ginger with the lusciousness of curds.
Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone.
Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative. Curd is one of the richest sources of protein, calcium and minerals. They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity in healthy green Indian smoothies.
You will love the creamy mouth-feel, pleasant sweetness and invigorating tang of this spinach apple orange smoothie, not to forget the mild tingling spiciness of ginger.
Is Green Smoothie healthy?
Yes, this is healthy, but conditions apply. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Spinach, baby spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach has 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fibre. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
4. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
5. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : These fruits are low in calorie and rich source of fiber. They are also low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges and Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A also. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
What's the problem?
Honey : Honey, a natural sweetener, is a thick liquid made by honeybees which acts as an energy boost. A tbsp. of honey (20 g) gives 60 calories but virtually no protein, fat and fiber. It has been regarded as a traditional medicine since ages. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties are known to fight bacteria and prevent infections like cold and cough. Some research also shows that the polyphenolic compounds in honey help protect the heart.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Green Indian Smoothie?
Yes for heart and weight loss. Diabetics are better off eating the whole fruit than a smoothie. Curds help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes.
Green Smoothie is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 131 calories that come from Green Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 39 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 13 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 17 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 22 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.