How many calories does one Green Pea Carrot Paratha have?
One Green Pea and Carrot Paratha gives 219 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 155 calories, proteins account for 24 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 40 calories. One Green Pea and Carrot Paratha provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Green Pea and Carrot Paratha recipe. Orange and green, sweet and nutty, crunchy and coarse... the characteristics of carrots and green peas are a perfectly complementary contrast to each other! When this successful duo comes together with peppy ingredients like chaat masala and lime juice, it makes an absolutely flavourful stuffing for sumptuous whole wheat parathas!
Is Green Pea Carrot Paratha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
3. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Green Pea and Carrot Paratha ?
Yes. This is more like a meal by itself as the parathas are stuffed. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect.
Can healthy individuals have Green Pea and Carrot Paratha ?
Yes, this is healthy. We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Green Pea and Carrot Paratha is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids
Green Pea and Carrot Paratha is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 219 calories that come from one Green Pea and Carrot Paratha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 6 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 22 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 29 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 38 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual