How many calories does one serving of Flax Seeds with Curd have?
One serving of Flax Seeds with Curd gives 261 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 46 calories, proteins account for 38 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 136 calories. One serving of Flax Seeds with Curd provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Flax Seeds with Curd recipe. This is a totally fab way to include flax seeds in your diet. Flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help stabilize cell walls and reduce inflammation. They also contain a unique blend of soluble fibre, which binds with food to optimise the digestive process.However, most people are at a loss how to include this wonder ingredient in their diet! Flax seed with curd is one of the easiest methods to do so. Just mix powdered flax seeds with curd, and enjoy it as a snack any time of the day. Curds is also rich in good fats and proteins, calcium and vitamin D, and it helps in digestion too. So, this magical combination is a wonderful asset for weight-watchers and endurance athletes.
Is Flax Seeds with Curd healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Flax seeds (Alsi) : Flax seeds are high in soluble and insoluble fibre which prevents surges in blood sugar levels. Hence, this is beneficial to those who are diabetic. Flax seeds are the richest source of plant Omega-3 (n3) fatty acids. Since flaxseeds are not a very good source of sodium they are safe to be consumed by individuals with High Blood Pressure. Flax seeds contain high levels of Lignans which have benefits of anti-ageing and restoring cellular health and good for heart. See detailed benefits of alsi, flaxseeds.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Flax Seeds with Curd?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT use low fat curds. Flax seeds are high in soluble and insoluble fibre which prevents surges in blood sugar levels. Hence, this is beneficial to those who are diabetic. Flax seeds are the richest source of plant Omega-3 (n3) fatty acids.
Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity.
Can healthy individuals have Flax Seeds with Curd?
Yes, this is very healthy.
Flax Seeds with Curd is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
8 Pointers to Go Healthy and Stay Healthy
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
How to burn 261 calories that come from Flax Seeds with Curd?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 18 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 26 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 35 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 45 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.