How many calories does one serving of Buckwheat Dhokla have?
One serving of Buckwheat Dhokla gives 156 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 116 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 17 calories. One serving of Buckwheat Dhokla provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. buckwheat dhokla recipe. The Buckwheat Dhokla combines taste and nutrition in an easy-to-cook form. A batter of buckwheat is perked up with curds, ginger and green chillies to make soft and tasty dhoklas.
Though the buckwheat needs to be soaked for two hours, the batter does not require any fermentation afterwards, so you do not have to plan too much in advance.
Serve this tasty snack with green chutney or other suitable accompaniments.
Is Buckwheat Dhokla healthy?
Yes, buckwheat Dhokla is healthy. Made from buckwheat, sour curds, green chilli paste and ginger.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
What's good in the dhokla.
1. Buckwheat : Buckwheat is a very good source of Iron and good to prevent anaemia. Rich in folate and good food for pregnant women. Buckwheat keeps your heart healthy and high in fibre and diabetic friendly. See here for 13 benefits of buckwheat.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Ginger : Ginger is an effective cure for congestion, sore throat, cold and cough. It aids digestion. Ginger was found as effective as drugs in relieving menstrual pain. Ginger is effective in decreasing the cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol. See here for 16 Super Health Benefits of Adrak, Ginger.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Buckwheat Dhokla?
Yes, they can. Buckwheat works perfect with diabetes, cardiac and weight loss. Buckwheat is a very good source of Iron and good to prevent anaemia. Rich in folate and good food for pregnant women.
Can healthy individuals have Buckwheat Dhokla?
Yes, this is healthy. Buckwheat is a super ingredient for vegetarians. Note that those dhokla are really filling due to lots of fibre.
What healthy chutney to have with Buckwheat Dhokla?
We suggest you try fresh galric chutney recipe or green chutney recipe with these pancakes.
Buckwheat Dhokla is good for
1. Healthy Lifestyle
2. Weight Gain
4. Heart Patients
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Buckwheat Dhokla is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
3. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 156 calories that come from one serving of Buckwheat Dhokla?
Walking (6 kmph) =
Running (11 kmph) =
Cycling (30 kmph) =
Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual