How many calories does one serving of Blueberry Banana Oatmeat?
One serving of Blueberry Banana Oatmea gives 402 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 203 calories, proteins account for 60 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 139 calories. One serving of Blueberry Banana Oatmea provides about 20 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Blueberry Banana Oatmeal | Healthy Indian style Oats | Blueberry banana peanut butter oatmeal | Cinnamon banana oatmeal | with 12 amazing images.
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal is made with healthy, nutrient dense ingredients and is a delicious, hearty and balanced Indian breakfast.
Oats provide complex carbs, banana are high in potassium, blueberries are rich in antioxidants, egg white (optional) gives protein and peanut butter is also a great source of protein and healthy fats!
This Blueberry banana peanut butter oatmeal will keep you full and satisfied for hours and give you sustained energy to keep you focused throughout the day. It is important to start your day with a healthy vegetarian breakfast made with unprocessed, whole ingredients.
I absolutely love this flavour combination but, you can customise this Healthy Indian style Oats however you like. You can add fruits like apple, peaches or anything that is accessible to you. With the peanut butter you use, be mindful that it does not contain large amounts of sugar and vegetable oil. For this recipe, I used homemade peanut butter which you can make yourself too! It is far healthier than store bought ones and still tastes delicious.
Homemade Peanut Butter, for Weight Loss and Athletes
I used rolled oats, but you can use instant oats or steel cut oats instead! Instant oats will cook faster and steel cut oats will take longer to properly cook. I find that rolled oats work best with this recipe and is healthier than quick cooking oats.
Personally, this Blueberry banana peanut butter oatmeal is sweet enough for me. It is naturally sweetened by the blueberries, banana and the cinnamon gives it a nice touch. If you want your oats to have a little extra sweetness, you can add honey or maple syrup to the oats!
The egg white adds extra protein which will make the oatmeal even more filling. It also gives the oats a rich, creamy and fluffy texture. This step is optional and the recipe will work without it as well.
Is Blueberry Banana Oatmea healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Oats : Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Whole Oats have an antioxidant called Avenanthramide (a polyphenol from oats) which helps lower blood pressure levels. Soluble fibre absorbs water and swells and to become gel like substance which helps in the absorption of nutrients like B Vitamins and minerals like Magnesium and Zinc which are key to a good heart. See here why oats are good for you?
Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
7 Health Benefits of Eggs
1. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein.
2. Moreover they are a fairly good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus… All these nutrients along with protein work towards building strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Eggs are also rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (necessary of healthy eyes) and B vitamins (vitamin B2, B3, B6 and B9).
4. The iron present in it will ensure a good supply of oxygen to prevent fatigue throughout the day.
5. Eggs give a high satiety value, while they add only fewer calories. Thus they avoid unnecessary bingeing and thus promote weight loss too. Scrambled and boiled eggs should be preferred over the fried option. The reason is quite clear – none of us want to increase the waistline.
6. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. This benefits us by increasing the concentration by keeping the brain cells well-nourished.
7. Eggs are incredibly good source of antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which is known to protect against macular degeneration in the eyes and delay the onset of cataract. They also reduce the inflammation in the body and scavenge the free radicals, thus protecting all the organs and cells of the body.
Benefits of Cinnamon, dalchini, cinnamon powder : Cinnamon with its antioxidant power has the ability to reduce inflammation in the body and thus reduce the risk of various chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc. Cinnamon since ages has been known to be beneficial for diabetics. Diabetes is a disease which occurs due to insulin resistance. Intake of cinnamon is said to reduce this resistance and instead improve insulin sensitivity in cells thereby helping to maintain normal blood sugar levels. cinnamon helps to reduce the blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels and thus prevents clot formation. See detailed benefits of cinnamon.
Blueberries : Blueberries are a powerful antioxidant, especially anthocyanins which help fight cancer and degeneration of cells. They are low in calories, rich in fibre and good for daibetics.
Peanut Butter : Peanut butter is a great source of mono-saturated healthy fats and good source of protein. A perfect healthy snack to have and its made with unsalted peanuts and coconut oil which is a great medium chain triglyceride. We recommend following this easy homemade peanut butter recipe which has ZERO preservatives and no hydrogenated vegetable fats.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Blueberry Banana Oatmea?
Yes, this recipe is good for heart and weight loss. No for diabetics. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases.
Can healthy individuals have Blueberry Banana Oatmeal?
One serving of Blueberry Banana Oatmeal is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells
4. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
5. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
6. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
7. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
8. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
9. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
10. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 402 calories that come from One serving of Blueberry Banana Oatmea?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hour 1 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 40 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 54 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 69 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.