How many calories does one serving of Avocado Chocolate Mousse have?
One serving of Avocado chocolate mousse gives 492 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 90 calories, proteins account for 30 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 372 calories. One serving of Avocado chocolate mousse provides about 25 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to see Avocado Chocolate Mousse recipe. Avocado chocolate mousse recipe | Dairy free avocado chocolate mousse | 3 ingredient eggless avocado chocolate mousse | Indian style avocado chocolate mousse is a unique chocolate flavoured dessert - served in a delightful way. Learn how to make dairy free avocado chocolate mousse.
To make avocado chocolate mousse, blend the avocado in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside. Combine the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix well. Combine the avocado mixture and ¼ cup of melted chocolate in a bowl and mix well using a spatula. Add the remaining chocolate and mix very well using a spatula. Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 2 individual bowls / glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour or till the mousse sets. Garnish with chocolate curls. Serve chilled.
An indulgent chocolate-flavoured mousse prepared in an innovative way using ripened avocado as the base. Well-ripened avocado has a very luscious texture that is perfect to make a mousse. Don’t set yourself worrying though, because this 3 ingredient eggless avocado chocolate mousse is quite easy to make.
Combined with molten dark chocolate, it gives rise to an intense Indian style avocado chocolate mousse, which is just too irresistible. It is the perfect dessert to serve at the end of an elegant dinner menu.
If you like this dairy free avocado chocolate mousse, then also try our other mousse recipes in flavors ranging from chocolate and banana to blueberry and many more - Chocolate Banana Mousse, Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse , Blueberry Mousse, Apricot Mousse, Coffee Mousse, Coconut Pineapple Mousse, Mango Ginger Mousse and Melon Mousse
Tips for avocado chocolate mousse.
1. Keep the dark chocolate refrigerated till use. Remove it from the refrigerator 15 minutes before use.
2. After cooking the chocolate in the microwave, it will melt. At this stage mix it well. No piece or lumps should remain behind.
3. At every stage of mixing also ensure that there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth.
4. You can be creative and fill the mousse in a piping bag and swirl the mousse in bowls / glasses as you wish.
5. Keep it refrigerated till serving.
6. Use it within 3 to 4 days.
Is Avocado chocolate mousse healthy?
No, this is not healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients Avocado chocolate mousse.
What's good in Avocado chocolate mousse.
Avocado : Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) which help to manage the cholesterol levels within normal limits. They also help reduce inflammation in the body and prevent blockage of arteries – one of the main reasons for heart attacks. Further, avocados also have a good ratio of potassium to sodium. A high potassium and low sodium ingredient enables to keep your blood pressure stable, which helps to stave off heart disease and stroke both. Though avocados are high in fats, they are all healthy fats. MUFA not only promote healthy cholesterol levels and blood pressure, but they also improve insulin sensitivity to help manage diabetes. The fiber in avocado (5 g) and the healthy fats (11 g) along with low carbs (6.3 g) aids in weight loss. See detailed avocado benefits.
What's Problem in Avocado chocolate mousse.
Dark Chocolate: It is made by processing a mixture of cocoa, fat-like cocoa butter and sugar. It has more of cocoa, with little or no milk, which is what gives it a dark colour and intense flavour. The percentage of cocoa in these chocolate slabs ranges from 70% to 99%. For home use, it is reasonable to buy 70% dark chocolate. Higher the percentage of cocoa, the bitterer the chocolate tastes and higher is its price.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Avocado chocolate mousse?
No, this Avocado chocolate mousse is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. is made by processing a mixture of cocoa, fat-like cocoa butter and sugar. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body.
Can healthy individuals have Avocado chocolate mousse ?
No, this is not healthy as dark chocolate used in this recipe contain sugar. Sugar involved in any food is not good for healthy lifestyle.
What is a healthier Indian dessert option ?
We suggest you try low fat gajjar halwa recipe which uses dates as a sweetener along with low fat milk. Make oats and mixed nuts ladoo recipe which is sweetened by jaggery, oats and dates kheer and anjeer and mixed nuts barfi, dates and nut coconut balls, Dry Fruit Stuffed Dates sweetened by dates and zero sugar used, and healthy fig ice cream (not for diabetics).
Anjeer and Mixed Nut Barfi
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet.
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
How to burn 492 calories that come from one serving of Avocado chocolate mousse?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|| 2 hours 28 mins
|Running (11 kmph) =
|| 49 mins
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|| 1 hour 6 mins
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
|| 1 hour 24 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.