Coconut Pineapple Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38749 times
Voila, the well-known pinacolada combo has transformed into a mousse! this delicious mousse, with its winning looks, is a popular one in eastern countries and is sure to be liked by all who taste it. For best results, use readymade coconut milk. I would also suggest that you use canned pineapples to capitalise on their sweetness and softness—and to avoid the sour and raw feel of fresh pineapples.
- Soak the agar-agar in ¼ cup of warm water for 30 minutes and keep aside,
- Combine the pineapple and ½ tbsp of sugar in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add the soaked agar-agar and cook till the agar-agar dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 3½ tbsp of sugar and coconut milk in another deep pan and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the agar-agar mixture to the coconut-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and place the bowl in a deep vessel filled with ice-cubes for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture cools and thickens. Whisk the mixture vigorously and continuously till it is in ice-cube vessel to avoid any lump formation.
- Add the prepared pineapples, lemon juice and lemon yellow colour and mix gently.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls / glasses and refrigerate for atleast 3 to 4 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Garnish with cherry and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.