Chocolate Banana Mousse
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 100 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37385 times
Chocolate and bananas are always a great combination—be it for a milkshakes, ice-creams, pastries or mousses! the bitterness of dark chocolate and the mild sweetness of bananas complement each other very well in this irresistible mousse. What is more, this fabulous dessert can be fixed up in no time at all!
- Heat the cream and milk and in a broad non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chocolate and mix gently till the chocolate melts. Cool to room temperature and keep aside.
- Combine the bananas and the chocolate sauce in a bowl and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Combine the whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and mix gently.
- Add the chocolate-banana mixture and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls or glasses and refrigerate for atleast 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Serve chilled garnished with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
- To make the chocolate sauce in a microwave, combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and mix well till no lumps remain.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.