Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo ( Healthy Laddu)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59217 times
A treat for the sweet tooth, the Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo is made with a nutritious combination of oats, jaggery and nuts.
You will love the intense flavour of jaggery, the mealy mouth-feel of powdered oats and the interludes of crunchy nuts.
This delicious tit-bit also scores a 10/10 on the nutrient scoreboard, as fibre-rich oats help lower cholesterol while jaggery and sesame seeds boost your iron levels.
This easy to make snack is best had fresh, or it might turn a bit dry.
Whenever you wish to cook some Healthy Snacks or some Sweet Treats for your kids, Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo is the perfect choice.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the oats and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the same broad non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast them on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the ghee and jaggery in the same broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the jaggery mixture into a flat thali and allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the roasted oats, roasted sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds and cardamom powder and mix very well.
- Add the milk and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into a round ball.
- Serve immediately.
Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo ( Healthy Laddu) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ladoo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.