How many calories does one serving of Spinach Malfatti, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe have?
One serving of Spinach Malfatti, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe gives 172 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 48 calories, proteins account for 28 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 97 calories. One serving of Spinach Malfatti, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Spinach Malfatti, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe. Malfatti is a steamed dumpling, usually made of spinach and cheese. Interesting, the Italian term Malfatti literally translates to ‘poorly made’, which probably refers to the odd, rustic shape of the dumplings!
Is Spinach Malfatti, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack.Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda, spring onions) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are used for making tomato pulp which are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Spinach Malfatti ?
Yes, but use low fat paneer. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes.
Can healthy individuals have Spinach Malfatti ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Spinach Malfatti, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 172 calories that come from Spinach Malfatti, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 52 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 17 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 23 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 29 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.