How many calories does one Sindhi Koki have?
One Sindhi Koki gives 235 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 131 calories, proteins account for 22 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 88 calories. One Sindhi Koki provides about 12 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Sindhi koki recipe. The Sindhi Koki is a fabulous roti prepared with a dough of whole wheat flour perked up with a large array of flavour enhancers like onions and coriander to cumin seeds and pomegranate seeds.
While onions and other ingredients add flavour and crunch to the roti, the seeds do a great job in raising the flavour to a much higher plane! Enjoy the Sindhi Kokis hot and fresh.
Is Sindhi Koki healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sindhi koki ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT cut the fat levels by half. We don't want you to eat too much fat when you have health issues. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food.
Also reduce the carbohydrate load by having your koki with some protein from low fat curds. So be intelligent on how you pair your meals.
Low Fat Curds ( How To Make Low Fat Curds)
Can healthy individuals have Sindhi koki ?
Sindhi koki is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis cut fat levels
3. Diabetics with heart issues cut fat levels
4. Diabetic rotis cut fat levels
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol cut fat levels
6. Low cholesterol rotis cut fat levels
7. High fibre for kids
How to burn 235 calories that come from Sindhi Koki?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 11 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 24 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 40 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.