How many calories does one serving of Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad have?
One serving of Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad gives 311 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 109 calories, proteins account for 34 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 141 calories. One serving of Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad provides about 16 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad recipe.
Is Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy, but restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Masoor Dal (split red lentils) : 1 cup of cooked Masoor dal gives 19 grams of protein. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones. Masoor dal is rich in Folate, Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Masoor dal is is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. See detailed 10 health benefits of masoor dal.
2. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body. to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
3. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will avoid that elevate blood pressure. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
4. Beans Sprouts Benefits : Bean Sprouts are one of the most complete and nutritional of all the foods that exist. With lots of dietary fiber to their credit, beans sprouts add bulk too stools and makes the passage of stools through the digestive tract easier. This helps to avoid constipation. With significant amounts of iron, beans sprouts help to maintain the red blood cell (RBC) count. A good RBC count means no sign of anaemia. Bean sprouts are a boon for heartpatients. They help maintain cholesterol levels and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of bean sprouts in bean sprouts glossary.
5. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant salad ?
No for diabetics as the proteins are high, fats are high. Same for others.
Can healthy individuals have Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant ?
Yes, this is a healthy lunch recipe.
Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 311 calories that come from Kale, Masoor Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 33 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 31 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 41 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 53 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.