How many calories does one serving of Cream of Eggplant Soup have?
One serving of Cream of Eggplant Soup gives 235 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 43 calories, proteins account for 31 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 149 calories. One serving of Cream of Eggplant Soup provides about 12 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Cream of Eggplant Soup recipe. Chock-full of antioxidants, eggplant is a great addition to your diet, but do you often wonder if there are exciting ways to prepare it? here is a cream of eggplant soup that your family will slurp up delightedly. With onions and tomatoes for flavour, and basil for a herbed touch, not to forget the irreplaceable dash of pepper, this soup is a sumptuous start to your meal.
Is Cream of Eggplant Soup healthy?
No, this is not healthy due to the addition of cheese spread in the recipe.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Brinjal (baingan) : Foods like Brinjal have a low glycemic index and good for weight loss. Brinjals are a very good source of fibre. It also prevents blood glucose from shooting up and is good for diabetics. Brinjals are rich in folate, which is required for producing Red Blood Cells (RBC’s) and also helps to prevent anaemia. See all the 7 amazing benefits of baingan.
2. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have ?
No, as cheese spread is used. We suggest you opt for healthy soups like spinach paneer and dal soup recipe, broccoli broth recipe, rajma soup, minty vegetable and oats soup or moong soup.
Can healthy individuals have ?
Drop the cheese spread and try the recipe.
Cream of Eggplant Soup is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 235 calories that come from Cream of Eggplant Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 11 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 24 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 40 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.