Baked Mixed Vegetable Layered with Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33251 times
Rice, simply and elegantly flavoured with tomato ketchup, is topped with a tangy, tomato-based mixed vegetable gravy, peppy pineapple and juicy tomato slices. The interesting arrangement is then baked with a garnish of cheese, to get a super-tasty one-dish meal
You will really enjoy the tangy notes of the Baked Mixed Vegetable Layered with Rice, as well as its fabulous texture that combines the crunch of veggies and the gooeyness of cheese. Enjoy it fresh.
- Combine the cooked rice, milk, sugar, 2 tbsp of fresh cream and 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, vegetables, chilli powder, remaining 2 tbsp of fresh cream, remaining 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Place the rice in a greased baking dish and spread it evenly. Top it with the tomato-vegetable mixture, pineapple pieces. Arrange the tomato slices and cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400º f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||564.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.