Whole Wheat Fettuccine with Medici Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9853 times
A nutritious pasta with a spicy tomato sauce.
- Divide the pasta dough into 2 portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible.
- Cut each portion of the rolled out dough into 200 mm. x 200 mm. (8" x 8") square.
- Roll up the pasta sheet and cut into 6 mm. (1/4") strips.
- Heat plenty of water in a broad pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add a few strands of the fettuccine to the boiling water at a time and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and transfer into a bowl of cold water. Drain again and keep aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water.
- Peel, cut into quarters and deseed the tomatoes.
- Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
- Heat the olive oil, add the garlic and spring onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Add the chilli flakes, chilli powder, tomato puree, salt and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream. Mix well and keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the Medici sauce and toss the whole wheat fettuccine in it.
- Serve hot, garnished with the cheese, spring onions greens and black olives.
- Tomato pulp is made by blanching whole tomatoes in hot wate and thereafter peeling, deseeding and chopping them.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.