Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7112 times
Prepare the innovative Watermelon dosa with fresh watermelons, rice powder, grated coconut and green chillies. This spicy batter is then spread just like dosa or pancake and served hot with green chutney.
- After removing the red portion of the watermelon, take the white portion and grate it, throw away the green skin.
- Add grated coconut, rice powder, salt and finely cut green chilli.
- If batter is too thick, you may add little water to make it to dropping consistency.
- Heat an iron gridle (tava), apply little oil. take one ladle full of the batter, pour on the tava and spread in a circular manner to make a thick round dosa. put little oil around the dosa to avoid it from sticking. cook for 2 mts. then turn it upside down and cook on the other side too.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by ashaheble on 29 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.