Veg Samosa Pinwheels
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2244 times
The Veg Samosa Pinwheel is an attempt to repackage the ever-popular samosa in a new form, which is handy and delightful, ideal to serve as a starter at parties .
A filling of potatoes and green peas, perked up with spice powders, just like the samosa filling, is applied on a plain flour chapati, rolled up like a Swiss roll and sliced.
These dainty pinwheels are then deep-fried to get an attractive snack, which looks and tastes great. It tastes pretty much like a samosa but has an attractive form that reveals the contents, thereby making the diners all the more eager to grab a bite! Serve this with ketchup and green chutney.
Try other pinwheel recipes like Vanilla and Chocolate Pinwheels and Pinwheel Sandwiches .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 225 mm. (9”) diameter circle using little plain flour for rolling.
- Spread ½ cup of the prepared stuffing evenly over it, leaving ½ inch from the circumference of the circle.
- Roll it from one end to another end like a swiss roll and seal well.
- Cut the roll into 9 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Take each piece and press it very lightly to flatten it.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip each pinwheels in the prepared plain flour-water mixture and deep-fry, a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 to make 18 more pieces.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values per pinwheel
|Vitamin A||35.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.