Vanilla and Chocolate Pinwheels
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16810 times
Pinwheels are a part of every child’s fantasies! Its unique spiral shape, with alternating colours, makes it very attractive to behold, while the chocolaty vanilla flavour and awesome texture make it a delight to bite into.
Easy to make and handily sized, the Vanilla and Chocolate Pinwheel are ideal to serve at kids’ parties . You can make a large batch ahead of time and store in an airtight container, ready to surprise the young ones at the right time.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and cream until light and creamy using a spatula.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Add the plain flour and knead into a soft dough.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and divide the dough into two equal portions.
- In one portion, add the cocoa powder and knead again.
- Dust little plain flour on a chopping board, roll out each portion into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Place the chocolate circle on the white circle.
- Roll up like a swiss roll very slowly while sealing the cracks very gently.
- 10. Cut the roll into 1/2 “ thick slices using a dusted knife.
- 11. Place all the pinwheels on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- 12. Cool the pinwheels on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.