Tomato&sev Nu Saak
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5753 times
Tomato's nu saak is a Gujarati vegetable recipe with the tomatoes cooked along with onion, garlic and tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Add the crispy gram flour based fried sev over the dish to impart a lovely crunchy texture to this recipe.
- Wash and put tomatoes into a pan of boiling water.
- Leave for 2 min .
- Drain the water.
- Peel off the skin from the tomatoes and chopthem into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tbls of oil in a saucepan. add the curry leaves whole jeera and asofoetida.
- When the jeera starts crackling put the chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Add all the spices and the chilli ginger paste and jaggery.
- Let it cook on a medium heat stiring ocaasionally to prevent sticking at the bottom for 10min.
- Add the chopped coriander(leaving a few for decoration) and savoury sev just before serving.
This recipe was contributed by pghaghada on 11 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.