Thai Green Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12852 times
A colourful rice preparation with a refreshing flavour, the Thai Green Rice has strong hints of lemon grass and mint. Since it does not involve boiling vegetables, it can be tossed up quite soon – you just need to spare enough time for the rice to cook, and voila a delectable meal is ready on the table!
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1¾ cups of hot water, salt, lemon grass bunch (tied with a thread), mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the rice is 95% cooked.
- Remove the lemon grass bunch and discard it.
- Add the mint leaves, basil, coriander, green chillies and coconut milk and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve imediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.