5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Tava Chana in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Tava Chana in Gujarati)
Added to 375 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43056 times
The very sight of sizzling chana being constantly turned around in the tavas of roadside chaat-wallahs is enough of trigger the gastronomic juices! would it not be wonderful to recreate that wonderful tava chana experience at your own garden cocktail party? cooked kabuli chana, prepared in a lip-smacking spicy fashion served with crisp papdi is sure to make your party the talk of the town!
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chilli powder, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder,tandoori masala, chaat masala, dried mango powder, coriander and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves, kabuli chana, 2 tbsp of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot with papdis.
Tava Chana Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.