Suva Chawal Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13441 times
Here's a variation of appas (rice bread) using Suva bhaji, which not only has a pleasing sweetness but also a good store of vitamin A. Knead the dough when hot or else it will not be very smooth. It is best served with a spicy vegetable like Lauki Kofta Curry because the roti itself has a very mild, simple taste.
- Combine the dill and rice flour and mix well. Keep aside.
- Put 1 cup of water to boil in a thick-bottom pan and add the green chillies and salt.
- Add the rice flour and stir for a minute.
- Cover it with a lid and leave aside for about 5 minutes.
- Knead into soft dough with a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter, using rice flour.
- Place the roti on a non-stick pan. Turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.