Lauki Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 135 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 113227 times
Gone are those days when you had to spend half a day in the kitchen preparing kofta curry! With this simple recipe, cooking becomes not only less tedious but also healthier as the kofta are steamed rather than fried.
Cook the gravy on a medium flame to avoid burning of spices and onions. Highly recommended for heart patients as it is low in sodium and fat apart from being high in potassium.
Serve with rotis or rice .
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape them into small round koftas.
- Steam in a steamer for about 20 minutes till the koftas are done. Keep aside.
- Blend the onions, ginger and garlic to a smooth paste in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Blend the tomatoes to a purée in a mixer.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when it is hot, add the cumin seeds.
- Dry roast for 10 to 15 seconds and then add the ground paste and cook stirring continuously till it turns brown in colour.
- Add the tomato purée, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, vegetable stock and salt and simmer on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add the koftas and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.