Stuffed Moong Sprouts Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 191 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28451 times
If you love tacos, wraps and just veggie-loaded snacks, you will love this stuffed dosa too! The Stuffed Moong Sprouts Dosa is a filling breakfast that provides a good wallop of protein (for healthy cells), calcium (for healthy bones) and iron (for haemoglobin). It is also an innovative and tasty way to consume left-over sprouts, fortified with veggies like cabbage and carrot and flavoured with peppy chaat masala!
- Combine the sprouts with ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the rice flour and salt and mix well so that no lumps remain. Allow the batter to stand for 15 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water to make a batter of dropping consistency. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, coriander, chaat masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it evenly in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Drizzle ¼ tsp of oil along the sides and cook till the dosa is brown in colour.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on one half of the dosa and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coriander green garlic chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.