Stuffed Apple Crepes Topped with Orange Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21099 times
The Stuffed Apple Crepes topped with Orange Sauce is what you could call picture perfect! Perfectly cooked Crepes are stuffed with a succulent cinnamon-flavoured apple filling.
This tasty creation is then enhanced further by topping it with tangy orange sauce. The pleasant flavour of cooked apples and the citrusy zest of orange sauce work together to make this an awesome creation.
This crepes can be eaten for breakfast and a dessert as well.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and 1/3 water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Heat a 150 mm. (6”) non-stick pan and brush it lightly with butter.
- Cool slightly, pour a ladleful of the mixture into the pan and tilt in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) round.
- Cook it, using a little butter, till light pink spots appear on both the sides
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more crêpes.
- Combine the apples, sugar, lemon juice and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 9 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cinnamon powder, mix well and cook for 30 seconds and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the apple stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a crêpes on a clean dry surface, put a portion of the apple stuffing on one side of the crepe and fold to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat step 2 to stuff 3 more crêpes.
- Top it with prepared orange sauce, evenly over the stuffed crêpes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||669.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||38.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.